Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

scroll a table without selecting it

i have a table that is filtered by a chart.... the problem is I am trying to scroll the table to see the values in other rows but once I select the table to scroll it, the filter 'comes off'

so, any way to scroll a table without selecting it  OR

anyway to view a filtered table rows without removing the filter (that came from other chart)

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how the filter will go off once you select the table? Can you please explan more how / from where,your filter flows?

Thanks
Raj

here is a pic, when i select a column, it will filter my table...  if i click within the table, the filter is turned off...  to me its very odd behavior, but i cant find a solution, i need to be able to scroll my table with the filter still on...PBI filter.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, got it. This is the way the cross filter works in Poer BI. When you click on some column/row, the filter will apply specfic to the selection.

What you can do is , once the chart is selected, you can scroll the table without clicking in side the table.

* If you click on the scroll bar of the table, the selected cross filter will still remain and at the same time you can scroll the table.

* The point is, in Table visual, dont click on any data which will result in new cross filtering. You can click on the column header, abover header, scroll bar..

Hope this is clear.

Thanks
Raj

what if i click the table value to filter another table or viz... it will deselect the original viz and now the tbale is populated with all the values again, making the second filter obsolete

@ilcaa72,

You may try the Ctrl key and add separate slicers.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.