Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Asim
Helper I
Helper I

scatter chart data aggregation issue

Good Morning,

I have been facing issue while creating scatter chart in my report.

I created a scatter chart in my report and it was showing correct result with machines but when i created a hierarchy which include machines and their capacity group then the quantity produced appearing as an average instead of sum.

for example, I have extrusion as capacity group and there are three machines involve in this process.

the total output km/hr of this group is (9.83+30.35+31.19) = 71.37 km/hr but in the chart it just shows the average = 23.79

whereas by drilling down it shows the correct output of all 3 machines.

How i can get a total value of these three machines in the capacity group

Any solution to overcome this issue,

Best Regards

Asim

scatter chart1.png

scatter chart2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You should be able to change the aggregation type if you click the drop down arrow on the field. But tough to say without source data, formulas and such.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Good Morning @Greg_Deckler

I am using below mentioned measure to calculate the output km/hour of each machine.

Output Km/Hr =
calculate (
SUM(PL[Act. Quant. Prod.]),
TREATAS(values(Eventlog[Machine]),PL[Machine])) / 1000 / ( [Total Loading time] / 60 )

As this is measure, hence the dropdown list is not available in the field pane.

Do I need to make some changes in measure.

Please suggest!

Regards

Asim

@Asim,

It seems that the measure re-calculates in different levels. Could you please share sample data of your table for us to test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-yuezhe-msft

I am using multiple tables to access the data, kindly provide your email address so that i could send the full file.

I have created two measures to calculate output km/hr of the machine, these measures works very well at machine level but  when i use the hierarchy feature like capacity group on top of machines then system just provide average of output km/hr.

Output Km/Hr =
calculate (
SUM(PL[Act. Quant. Prod.]),
TREATAS(values(Eventlog[Machine]),PL[Machine])) / 1000 / ( [Total Loading time] / 60 ) 

Total Loading time = sumx(Eventlog,IF(Eventlog[Event]="production",Eventlog[Duration]+Eventlog[TK1]+Eventlog[TK2]+Eventlog[TK3]+Eventlog[TK4],Eventlog[TK1]+Eventlog[TK2]+Eventlog[TK3]+Eventlog[TK4]))

output km.png

output km1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.