Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MIGUELG
Frequent Visitor

sap bw conncector

Hi,

It's the first time i use this connector. Everythig was right, but in the preview data when and select the field "material" display the description and, obviusly i need the code to use the master data of the model.

What should I do to change this? 

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Miguel

10 REPLIES 10
DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Just a question regarding the connection to SAP and SAP BW. Are there any extra charges for connector? If yes, what is estimated pricing?

Thank you

Borut

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi MIGUELG,

Could you please elaborate more details about your requirement ? Where do you want to apply the code in Power BI Desktop? We will appreciate it if you can post a screenshot.

In addition, please check this blog to get details about how to retrieve and handle SAP BW data from Power BI Desktop. Also please note that Hierarchies and variables/parameters are currently not supported in this Preview version of the SAP BW Connector, but will be supported in the future.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I need the material code, and others codes (customer, sales representative...) in order to join the sales table characteristics with the master data.

Altough the object "Zmaterial" is defined to display only "code" when i made the extraction in the table display the description.

Obviously this is a problem to data consistency in the model.

I checked the code of the extraction, and i don´t know is modifying  something thre it will be able to solve the question.

let
    Source = SapBusinessWarehouse.Cubes("172.31.100.217", "00", "500"),
    ZSD_C2016 = Source{[Name="ZSD_C2016"]}[Data],
    #"ZSD_C2016/PBIX_VENTAS_2016" = ZSD_C2016{[Id="ZSD_C2016/PBIX_VENTAS_2016"]}[Data],
    #"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(#"ZSD_C2016/PBIX_VENTAS_2016", {{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[ZMATERIAL]", {"[ZMATERIAL].[LEVEL01]"}, {"material.material Nivel 01"}}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "VM Kilos/litro estad", "[Measures].[00O2TNWJBJ8BO9TTN70WXTOAH]"}})
in
    #"Added Items"

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Miguel

Hi MIGUELG,

Could you please post  screenshots about the above scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SAP BW CONNECTOR CODE.png

Hope this help...

Thanks

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I am not sure if you want to join different tables of SAP in Power BI Desktop, if that is the case, why not merge queries following the instructions in this article? It is more simple then using code to join tables in Advanced editor.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi,

I have the same issue. The problem is linking data from other sources and we need the technical code not the description.

In the SAP BW cube I can see both description and tech key, why in Power BI we can see only the description?

Thanks-

Hi

Was this resolved? I have the same issue.

Regards

Anything new about it?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.