Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

sameperiodlastyear() not working

Hi, I have created a measure to calculate current year amounts. This measure seems to work properly. When I wrap it with sameperiodlastyear, the new measure generates the same amount as the first measure. Please help.

//Deal Value New Subscription Current =
var curr_year=convert(year(today()),string)
var total_deal_value=calculate([Deal Value New Subscription won_progress],Dim_Start_Date[year]=curr_year)
Return
total_deal_value//

//Deal Value New Subscription 1yr back =
calculate([Deal Value New Subscription Current],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Dim_Start_Date[Date]))//
4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jeanxyz ,

How do your dim_date table and matrix look like? Did the dim_date table have relationship with the fact table? Your formula looks correct. It's better that you can show us sample pbix file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

it does not work for you because the second formula (SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR) does not know what the selected date (year) is.

adds a filter to the sheet where the user selects the required year, that way both formulas recognize the filter and execute the correct value.

thanks, but I have removed year filter in the first measure. the time intelligence filter still doesn't work.

Deal Value EUR = sum(opportunity[Total Deal Value (€)])

Deal Value New Subscription 1yr back =
calculate([Deal Value EUR],dateadd(Dim_Start_Date[Date],-1,YEAR))

I then create a matrix table, adding Dim_Start_Date[Year] to the row field. the first measure works, but the 2nd measure still generates the same amounts.
I use data from Dynamics 365, could the data source cause the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of 

var curr_year=convert(year(today()),string)

try 

var curr_year=MAX(DateTable[Year])

where DateTabe is your calendar table with a Year column set to Date type. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.