cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kav Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

same dax showing different values in different pages

I have created a table and entered some texts manually and then values from five different datsets, to combine them in a single dataset and to populate the values for table as My report needed all values in a single visualization for export.

The dax which i used for uniting the values in a datset is 

NEW1Option2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors",[TEXT1],IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="BC Outstanding",[TEXT2],IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table4'[TEXT])="Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report",[TEXT 7],IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="Less: Hedged",[TEXT6]))))

in this TEXT1,TEXT2,TEXT7,TEXT6 are the values from other datsets. But thetext box which contain the value in TEXT 7 is showing a different value in this page and a different value in other Page of the report.

If any one could help me here would be great
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: same dax showing different values in different pages

HI @kav ,

I'm not so clear for your data structure, can you provide more detailed information? In addition, any filters or other particular settings on that page?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
kav Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sheng,

Yes there is a filter applied for the page, its a date slicer, Datasource is "Initially the entire report is five Values From Five different Datasets against five text box enclosed in a Big text box, But as there were values in each text box, As u know the export can be made individually for individual values in each text box.But the client required all the details to be enclosed in a single visualization so as to export five values of five text boxes together".

Hence I decided to unite the values of each datasets into one.So I created a manual table and entered the Titles of Text Boxes in a column and for the values column I have created a measure, which I have posted previously,In that measure I have TEXT1,TEXT6 and TEXT7 which I have created in my five datasets(Each) seperately and Then I have called them in my Final measure,So that if that column is used in a table visualization, My requirement will be achieved, Its almost done.

But for one text box my dax is showing a different value from one page to another.

This is the issue.Thanks for your reply, But Im not sure if you can get my problem, And Im new to this Community, Suggest me any other way of discussion if my issue is not Understandable(Like sharing pbix or something).

Highlighted
kav Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sheng,

Yes there is a filter applied for the page, its a date slicer, Datasource is "Initially the entire report is five Values From Five different Datasets against five text box enclosed in a Big text box, But as there were values in each text box, As u know the export can be made individually for individual values in each text box.But the client required all the details to be enclosed in a single visualization so as to export five values of five text boxes together".

Hence I decided to unite the values of each datasets into one.So I created a manual table and entered the Titles of Text Boxes in a column and for the values column I have created a measure, which I have posted previously,In that measure I have TEXT1,TEXT6 and TEXT7 which I have created in my five datasets(Each) seperately and Then I have called them in my Final measure,So that if that column is used in a table visualization, My requirement will be achieved, Its almost done.

But for one text box my dax is showing a different value from one page to another.

This is the issue.Thanks for your reply, But Im not sure if you can get my problem, And Im new to this Community, Suggest me any other way of discussion if my issue is not Understandable(Like sharing pbix or something)report.PNGFive Text Boxes

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kav ,

You can consider to create a title table with all names, then write measure with switch function to compare with table values and return specific measure value.

Title = 
DATATABLE (
    "TEXT", STRING,
    {
        { "Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors"},{ "BC Outstanding"},{ "Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report"}, {"Less: Hedged" }
    }
)

Switch Measure=
SWITCH (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Title[TEXT] ),
    "Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors", [Measure1],
    "BC Outstanding", [Measure2],
    "Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report", [Measure3],
    "Less: Hedged", [Measure4],
    BLANK ()
)

After above steps, you can create a table visual with new table fields and measure.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,651)