Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kav
Frequent Visitor

same dax showing different values in different pages

I have created a table and entered some texts manually and then values from five different datsets, to combine them in a single dataset and to populate the values for table as My report needed all values in a single visualization for export.

The dax which i used for uniting the values in a datset is 

NEW1Option2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors",[TEXT1],IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="BC Outstanding",[TEXT2],IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table4'[TEXT])="Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report",[TEXT 7],IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table4[TEXT])="Less: Hedged",[TEXT6]))))

in this TEXT1,TEXT2,TEXT7,TEXT6 are the values from other datsets. But thetext box which contain the value in TEXT 7 is showing a different value in this page and a different value in other Page of the report.

If any one could help me here would be great
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @kav ,

I'm not so clear for your data structure, can you provide more detailed information? In addition, any filters or other particular settings on that page?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sheng,

Yes there is a filter applied for the page, its a date slicer, Datasource is "Initially the entire report is five Values From Five different Datasets against five text box enclosed in a Big text box, But as there were values in each text box, As u know the export can be made individually for individual values in each text box.But the client required all the details to be enclosed in a single visualization so as to export five values of five text boxes together".

Hence I decided to unite the values of each datasets into one.So I created a manual table and entered the Titles of Text Boxes in a column and for the values column I have created a measure, which I have posted previously,In that measure I have TEXT1,TEXT6 and TEXT7 which I have created in my five datasets(Each) seperately and Then I have called them in my Final measure,So that if that column is used in a table visualization, My requirement will be achieved, Its almost done.

But for one text box my dax is showing a different value from one page to another.

This is the issue.Thanks for your reply, But Im not sure if you can get my problem, And Im new to this Community, Suggest me any other way of discussion if my issue is not Understandable(Like sharing pbix or something)Five Text BoxesFive Text Boxes

Hi @kav ,

You can consider to create a title table with all names, then write measure with switch function to compare with table values and return specific measure value.

Title = 
DATATABLE (
    "TEXT", STRING,
    {
        { "Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors"},{ "BC Outstanding"},{ "Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report"}, {"Less: Hedged" }
    }
)

Switch Measure=
SWITCH (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Title[TEXT] ),
    "Total amount payable to import suppliers/ vendors", [Measure1],
    "BC Outstanding", [Measure2],
    "Inventory qty * rate to be keyed in at the time of running the report", [Measure3],
    "Less: Hedged", [Measure4],
    BLANK ()
)

After above steps, you can create a table visual with new table fields and measure.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sheng,

Yes there is a filter applied for the page, its a date slicer, Datasource is "Initially the entire report is five Values From Five different Datasets against five text box enclosed in a Big text box, But as there were values in each text box, As u know the export can be made individually for individual values in each text box.But the client required all the details to be enclosed in a single visualization so as to export five values of five text boxes together".

Hence I decided to unite the values of each datasets into one.So I created a manual table and entered the Titles of Text Boxes in a column and for the values column I have created a measure, which I have posted previously,In that measure I have TEXT1,TEXT6 and TEXT7 which I have created in my five datasets(Each) seperately and Then I have called them in my Final measure,So that if that column is used in a table visualization, My requirement will be achieved, Its almost done.

But for one text box my dax is showing a different value from one page to another.

This is the issue.Thanks for your reply, But Im not sure if you can get my problem, And Im new to this Community, Suggest me any other way of discussion if my issue is not Understandable(Like sharing pbix or something).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.