Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sales pipeline: which visualisation to use?

Hi   I am trying to build our sales pipeline diagram.   We currently have a diagram created "by hand" in powerpoint that shows time to order along the x-axis, then bubbles for each opportunity sized to the value of the potential order and coloured for the market sector.   We mark them according to win probability low/medium/high.   My idea is to index each opportunity with a sequential whole number (called ID) then plot ID (Y axis) vs Expected Order Date (X axis). Then the size of the corresponding plot could be order value, the colour could be market sector and this could be conditionally formatted dependant upon the likelihood of win thus the shading could go from 20% transparent (Low) to 60% (Medium) to 100% (High).   My problem is that I can't find a visualisation that allows for this simple plot.   In my mind I visualise it like old fashioned graph paper plotting the ID against the date and then sizing and colouring the dots.   Can anyone suggest a visulisation for me to use please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you share a screenshot, what you wanted to have?

There are quite a few thing about the visual, see if scatter can suit -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-scatter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandakthanks fro the link to the "how to guide" I picked up a top tip and turned my data into a text field so now it behaves as expected.   The one element I can;t find is how to put conditional formatting on the bubbles.   They are sized based on a number (sales value) and colour based on a category (market sector) but I would like that colouring to have further conditional formatting on it that altered its colour saturation/transparency.   I can not see the "fx" symbol to give me this option.   Do you know if this is possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak I have tried a scatter but I can not get the plot values on the x and y axis to remain descrete (ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 up the y axis and the plot against time on the x axis).   It wants to sum or count etc.   I thought scatter would be perfect too but I can not get it to behave in this simple way.  

Sorry, I can't seem to paste a picture.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you share a screenshot, what you wanted to have?

There are quite a few thing about the visual, see if scatter can suit -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-scatter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.