Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

running total of a weighted measure

hi !

i´ve trying to solve this problem during the last two weeks and its time to request for help. 

I have 2 queries:

The first has a list of documents (with a standard name) with a weight depending on its importance and a planned date.

The second comes from sharepoint and is the list of documents that a contratist load in a sharepoint repository (there is a flow that add a line in a sharepoint list when it is loaded in the folder).  The documents can be loaded before or after of the planned date.

Every document is assingned to a proyect , so there are a lot of documents of a lot of projects. 

I need to do a S-curve with the planned (query 1) and real (query 2) data, and i need to be able of use a slicer to calculate the S-curve for a single project or a group of projects.

Since i have two queries with different dates... I made an additional query with CALENDAR , with the minimun and maximun dates of the other two queries:

FECHAS = CALENDAR(IF(MIN('masterplan'[FECHA PLAN])<MIN(listaDocumentos[FechaSubida]);MIN('masterplan'[FECHA PLAN]);MIN(listaDocumentos[FechaSubida]));IF(MAX('masterplan'[FECHA PLAN])>MAX(listaDocumentos[FechaSubida]);MAX('masterplan'[FECHA PLAN]);MAX(listaDocumentos[FechaSubida])))

The questions is... how can i weight and accumulate the planned values and graph it with the calendar query as X axis?

In this moment i have this measeure that can weight the graph depending on the project(s) selection (the sum of the values always is 100%)

noacum = CALCULATE(SUMX(masterplan;masterplan[axp])/CALCULATE(SUM(masterplan[axp]);ALLSELECTED(masterplan)))

but i have not achieved to accumulate it.

adsfsafadf.png

can anyone help me!!! please!

5 REPLIES 5
CR
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous

Could you please display A simple table for each query (table1 and Table2) and what you need to get at the final. Just a simple set of data will help us a lot to solve this issue.

If I understand well, you get Planned Date in Table1 and Real (Date) in Table2. And you want to get, at the final, an S-Curve for Actual Date and an S-Curve for Real Date in a same chart ? If it is similar to this case, you need to append the tables to get a new one.

Table1

PROJECTDOC-REFPLANNED DATE
P1DOC103/12/2018
P1DOC204/12/2018
P2DOC304/12/2018
P2DOC405/12/2018

Table2

PROJECTDOC-REFREAL DATE
P1DOC113/12/2018
P2DOC314/12/2018
P3DOC514/12/2018
P3DOC610/12/2018

New table with Append as new

PROJECTDOC-REFPLANNED DATEREAL DATE
P1DOC103/12/2018null
P1DOC204/12/2018null
P2DOC304/12/2018null
P2DOC405/12/2018null
P1DOC1null13/12/2018
P2DOC3null14/12/2018
P3DOC5null14/12/2018
P3DOC6null10/12/2018

Then you can unpivot the columns containing dates, etc. to get what you need for a S-Curve.

But, before going through that, please clarify with this kind of simple tables.

Regards,

CR

Anonymous
Not applicable

even if I append it, i cant make to work the running total. 

Look: 

forumla.png

grafica acum.png

The yellow part in the formula , is the weighting process. in fact is the "AVANCE PLAN" line in the graph. But when i try to make the running total , that is the whole formula, the result is 100% ( "acumAPP" line).

just to clarify: AXP is a column that multiply the advance percentage of the document with a value that represent the weight of the document on the project.

I understand it doesn't work but could you please share an Excel file with samples for both tables ? We'll try to figure out.

I think indeed the solution is not coming from a table containing all dates. You make a relationship but it doesn't seem useful. This is the reason why we need data to work on it. Please share it !

Regards,

CR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CR wrote:

I understand it doesn't work but could you please share an Excel file with samples for both tables ? We'll try to figure out.

I think indeed the solution is not coming from a table containing all dates. You make a relationship but it doesn't seem useful. This is the reason why we need data to work on it. Please share it !

Regards,

CR

ok! sooo..

there is a link where you can find some documents:

files

I have "MASTER" excels that contain the planned data of each project. In the first sheet of the master document there is a list of documents with its weights (sum of all the document weights in a Project is 100%) , and a set of columns that represent the hours of work of certain profiles (P1,P2,P3…).

In the second Sheet you will find the same documents and the planned load dates of the versions of each document (A1, B1 AND V0 are versions of the document and each one have a weight (give 25%,35% and 40%). so a document has 3 versions that represent the whole document; and the document itself have a weight with respect to the other documents. 

The masters are saved in the same folder and are combined in power bi: 1 query for the first sheet and another query for the second. ( I relate the queries by the document code)

Despite the fact that each document has an own weight, i need a way to weight the document not only in his own Project but with a lot of documents of the other projects (cause I need a S-curve that may be filtered by a single Project or all the portfolio, or a group of Projects). I do it through the file CONTRACT- PROFILE COST , that has the prices of each profile work hour (p1,p2…) for each contract.

So I calculate a total cost of the document like…

TOTAL COST = masterDatos[P1 ]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL1])+masterDatos[P2]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL2])+masterDatos[P3]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL3])+masterDatos[P4]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL4])+masterDatos[P5]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL5])+masterDatos[P6]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL6])+masterDatos[P7]*RELATED(Contratos[PERFIL7])

Being “masterDatos” the masters  sheet1 query and “contratos” the contract-profile cost query. ( perfil= profile in Spanish).

And I calculate a weight value by multiplying the weight value in the masters  sheet1 query by the TOTAL COST ( PONDERACION = WEIGHT):

WEIGHT VALUE = masterDatos[PONDERACION]*masterDatos[COSTOTOTAL]

Finally, in the masters sheet 2 query (planned dates ), I unpivot the data to obtain a table like this

pivot.jpg

Where each row is a version of a document. So i can calculate the planned advance for each version like this:

AVANCEPLAN = IF(masterplan[VERSION]="A1";RELATED('masterDatos (2)'[PONDERACION])*0,25;IF(masterplan[VERSION]="B1";RELATED('masterDatos (2)'[PONDERACION])*0,4;IF(masterplan[VERSION]="V0";RELATED('masterDatos (2)'[PONDERACION])*0,35;0)))

So .. we arrive now to the question.

Im trying to do  a graph that allow me  (1) make a S-curve that may be filtered by a single, a group or all the projects in the portfolio. To do that I have to weight the values because is not the same a project with 10 documents of USD$1000, that a project with 2 documents of $100USD (obviously , a s-curve have to be a running total).

I achieved to weight the values through this formulas:

Acum (measure)  = CALCULATE(SUMX(masterplan;masterplan[axp])/CALCULATE(SUM(masterplan[axp]);ALLSELECTED(masterplan)))

where

axp (column in masterplan or masters sheet 2)= masterplan[AVANCEPLAN]* RELATED('masterDatos (2)'[WEIGHT VALUE])

but I have issues to do the running total of this measure acum.

I know it’s a tricky explanation but I expect you to understand.

REGARDS, DANIEL

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please share a pbix file with some sample data for test and coding formula?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.