cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacques_N
Regular Visitor

running sum of a measure

Hello to all,

In order to affect a class to a product I need to make a running total of a sorted table:

table.PNG

Whath I have in power bi are the colums in green (of course unsorted I did it in excel), an what I would like to get is the runing sum in red colum, and that for one key. As soon as the key change power BI has to restart the process.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Jacques

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: running sum of a measure

Hi @Jacques_N

Assume [weight] is a column

create a measure as below

running sum = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[column]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[key]),[plant]>=MAX([plant])))

1.png

Assume [weight] is a measure

running sum 2 = SUMX(FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[key]),[plant]>=MAX([plant])),[Measure])

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jacques_N

Assume [weight] is a column

running sum = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[column]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[key]),[plant]>=MAX([plant])))

1.png

Assume [weight] is a measure

running sum 2 = SUMX(FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[key]),[plant]>=MAX([plant])),[Measure])

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

Jacques_N
Regular Visitor

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a lot, basically taht working very wellMan Happy, with a limited extraction of my database. But my whole dataset is nealy 1.5 M rows, and then I get "Not enough memory"Man Frustrated.

I will try to separate this calculation in a separate powerBI .

Thanks a lot,

Jacques

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors