Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andywil456
Advocate II
Advocate II

row level security to see company wide and there own performance

I have created a dashboard that shows the company wide performance, which can also be filtered by employee.

We want to publish and share this with our staff but only want each staff member to be able to view the company's and their own performance and not other staff members. I have created a rule that is filtered by employee but this will not show the company's performance. Untitled.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @andywil456

You should add a column in the dataset to identify the company performance. Add roles for the company performance like your screenshot. Therefore in your dataset you can include column of company performance and write DAX filter as (suppose column is called Company), [Company] = Yes.) Then publish it to Power BI service, select the report project name in Datesets->SECURITY, then you get the second screenshot window. Add the stuff member addresses applied the roles, so the member will see the company performance.

1.jpg  2.png

Reference:
Row Level Security using Power BI.
Login Based Security in Power BI.

If this is not what you want, please provide us some sample data, so that we can make further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you @v-huizhn-msft,

I'm not sure i follow. |The company performance is the total of all employees. 

What i'm trying to achieve is to be able to share out the dashboard to all employees, where that are able to see the dashboard in full but are only able to filter by their own name via a ChicletSlicer and not select other employees. Is there a way to only allow users to select certain catorgories within the slicer?

@andywil456 You'd better to feliter it in measure rather than dashbaord. I give the following simple example, please review.

1. The table below is all employee sales. Every row dispalys one emplyee's sale record.

Capture1.PNG

2. Create a measure to calculate the sum of all the employees' sales.

ALL Company = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sale]),ALL(Table1))

3. I create a simple report as the following screenshot.

Capture2.PNG

4. Add a new role, [Name] = "employee1". Mark the stuff member addresses applied the roles. When you filter by the employee, the employee will see the sales of himself and the total of company.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Untitled.png

I'm not sure this gives me what i'm after. As you can see from my screenshot, I have a number of tables, and what i'm hoping to achieve is to allow each staff member to see the dashbaord as per the screenshot (company figures) and then to able to filter only by there own name and not be able to drill down by a collegue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.