Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CRamirez
Advocate II
Advocate II

ribbon chart

In the new Ribbon Chart visual there is a really nice feature when you hover your cursor over the connective "ribbon" part. It displays a tool tip that has the previous bar total, the next total, and change in position between the two totals. If you are using date as your x-axis this is really nice at the month and year levels showing july & august totals and changes, or 2015 & 2016 totals and changes. For some reason though, this feature doesn't work at the date level. I would like the ribbon tool tip to be able to display date over date changes. As of right now it looks like this: what.png

This is a much less appealing tool tip. It looks the same regardless of my axis set as categorical or continuous. If this has just been overlooked and this tool tip cannot display values in date format I believe it should be added.

Thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CRamirez

This issue will be fixed in the Nov 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have plotted sales of various homogeneous products over a date on a ribbon chart and it effectively shows up the values %ge change from the previous period value in the ribbon area on tool tip. However my client requires same thing to be visible on the ribbon area as they take a print of the report & not on mouse hover. Is there any way to achieve the same?

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@CRamirez

I reproduced your issue. It seems this issue occurs on Date type field only. 

12.PNG

And if we change the data type into Text, it displays the label correctly. 

234.PNG

We have reported this issue internally.

Regards,

Hello @v-sihou-msft!

Yes that is exactly what I was having an issue with. Thank you for relaying the problem

@CRamirez

This issue will be fixed in the Nov 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.