Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

return max date

Hi Everyone,

I need help

I want to retrieve  max date for every user from using edited Query "advance editor ", before load data into the data model 

I want to remove duplicate  based on data and remaining just last data

like the scenario below in tables   :

er100.JPG                                    er101.JPG

I want show data jsut inside table after loading  table 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

If you want to complete this in the Query Editor, you would simply choose to "Group By" and then Group by ID with the agregation of Max Date.

Group by will be on the Transform Tab. When you select it, put your ID in the Group by selection. Below that, rename your column "Max Date" or what ever you prefer. The operation would be "Max" and the select the final column of Data. This will leave the results you are looking for.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

If you want to complete this in the Query Editor, you would simply choose to "Group By" and then Group by ID with the agregation of Max Date.

Group by will be on the Transform Tab. When you select it, put your ID in the Group by selection. Below that, rename your column "Max Date" or what ever you prefer. The operation would be "Max" and the select the final column of Data. This will leave the results you are looking for.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.