cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

results of a measure use in a slicer

Hi folks

I need help in using results from a measure as a slicer.

Simple example, when the sales amount is higher than the year before the customer is a winner, else a loser.

I calculate the sales amount for year and last year (because I use yeartodate-function and in the report slicer for quarter and month).

I also calculate the sales difference with:

YTD U diff = salestable[YTD sales Y] - salestable[YTD sales PY]

Now I have a measure which split the customer into winner, neutral and loser.

Winner-Loser = IF( salestable[YTD U diff] < 0; "Loser"; IF( salestable[YTD U diff] = 0; "Neutral"; "Winner" )

- ( When I use this as a calculated column the results always show me the total of the year, that´s wrong for my case - or can I  filter this??? )

To use Winner and Loser as a slicer I created an additional table 'G&V' with a column [G&V] with text rows "Winner"; "Neutral" and "Loser". (also a column 'G&V'[Nr] with integer, 1 for "Winner", 0 for "Neutral" and 2 for "Loser".)

This column I will use as a slicer. My problem is how to "connect" the results of the Winner-Loser-Measure with the column [G&V].

I tried measures for winner and loser like…
winner =

IF( ISFILTERED( 'G&V'[G&V] ) ; 'Tabelle1'[YTD U diff] > 0 ; Tabelle1[YTD U diff])  

Find an example for average (wrong for me) and try to modify, but also not the correct result.

Winner =

IF (

ISFILTERED ( 'G&V'[Nr] );

AVERAGEX(

FILTER ( 'Tabelle1'; 'Tabelle1'[YTD U diff] > VALUES ( 'G&V'[Nr] ) );

'salestable'[YTD U diff]

))

I think I have to use VALUES but I have no idea how !?

For any helpful hints thanks in advance

Jorg

actual result:

without slicer.jpg

and when I use the slicer, I have not the expected result - I only want to see the winner.

with slicer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft
Microsoft

@JWE,

Please create a measure below. 
Measure =
var selectedvalue = IF(HASONEFILTER(Slicer[Type]),LASTNONBLANK(Slicer[Type],0),BLANK())
return IF(HASONEFILTER(Slicer[Type]),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(salestable[Winner-Loser],selectedvalue)),0,1),1)

And use this measure in your visual as a filter.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

@JWE,

Please create a measure below. 
Measure =
var selectedvalue = IF(HASONEFILTER(Slicer[Type]),LASTNONBLANK(Slicer[Type],0),BLANK())
return IF(HASONEFILTER(Slicer[Type]),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(salestable[Winner-Loser],selectedvalue)),0,1),1)

And use this measure in your visual as a filter.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

Hi Charlie

thanks a lot. I was able to reconstruct it with your sample.

I hope I can combine other measures in my page. I want to use it furthermore for new and old customers, I will try it with your example.

Follow on question:

-- How can I COUNT the results of this measure, means when I have one more "winner", I want to use a pie chart for visuals the numbers of winner/loser/neutral.

Thanks for more help.

Cheers Jorg

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors