Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

reset date slicer hierarchy

Hi, is there a way to reset the date hierarchy in a slicer?  I removed the Quarter, Month and Day, but need to add them back.  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

You can do 2 things

1. remove the date field from the fields section and re-drag it to the field section.
  2. right click on the date field and apply date and then re-apply date hierarchy.

View solution in original post

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Aside from the solution @Gangula posted. You can also create hierarchy by yourself by right clicking "Date and Time of Loss" field->New Hierarchy, then add Year, Quarter, Month and Day to the Hierarchy. More details, please review this video or the blog

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @Gangula

It's my pleasure to help you. Please mark the right/helpful reply as answer, or share your own workaround. More people will learn new things here. 

Thanks,
Angelia

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Aside from the solution @Gangula posted. You can also create hierarchy by yourself by right clicking "Date and Time of Loss" field->New Hierarchy, then add Year, Quarter, Month and Day to the Hierarchy. More details, please review this video or the blog

Best Regards,
Angelia

Wow, that's a really good feature. Thank you for the video @v-huizhn-msft.

But I don't think this is gonna help the OP's issue as he doesn't have separate columns for "Year, Quarter, Month and Day".  The "Year, Quarter, Month and Day" fields are auto-generated by PowerBI & Excel, when it detects the data type to be "Date" and if you set the field settings to "Date Hierarchy" instead of "Date"

Hi @Gangula

It's my pleasure to help you. Please mark the right/helpful reply as answer, or share your own workaround. More people will learn new things here. 

Thanks,
Angelia

Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

You can do 2 things

1. remove the date field from the fields section and re-drag it to the field section.
  2. right click on the date field and apply date and then re-apply date hierarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.