Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

selected_
Helper IV
Helper IV

reports for different users

In snowflake you can create views for the data for each users. How can that be used when creating power bi report? 

As I know you must create a general report and then use Mange role in power dekstop to setup which visual or report should be viewd for each users, or is that any ways that you can set credentials once you publih the report and then each users can access their own report? 

I've seen some reports that once you open it, it will ask you to login to a credentials. how can I do it?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selected_ ,

If I understand correctly, it seems that what you want is the user can see his/her own data base on account credential. If so, you can refer the content in the following links by applying dynamic RLS to achieve it.

How to Setup Static and Dynamic Row Level Security (RLS) in Power BI?

What Do You Need to Implement Dynamic Row-Level Security in Power BI?

Restricting filters to specific users in Power BI report

If the above one is not what you want, could you please provide more details of your requirement? Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@amitchandak it would be great if you stopped spam the forum just because. If you read my thread again, I didn't ask for how to share a report. I ask for login to a credentials for each report that users can see their data that are setup in snowflake.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.