Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walnei
Helper III
Helper III

rename column

I used the average in a column, but do not want the column to be average as indicated in the picture, is to take the average and just leave the column name ?

APAGAR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

@walnei

Looks like Power BI Does not allow to rename the column heading when you right click the values in the chart and set to display Average.

Alternatively you can compute the measure as an average and assign a name that you wnat for the emasure and display the measure in the chart.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@walnei

As @CheenuSing mentioned above, you cannot rename the column name if you use the Quick Calc function. You can use an average measure instead.

rename column_1.jpg

You can vote this idea in below two links.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10134117-renaming-a-field

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/12304944-rename-columns-and-measu...

Best Regards,

Herbert

@Baskar 

While your solution is good. It may not be practicable from the modelling perspective.  In many BI reporting you would like to have both the sum and average , say for instance INV_Amt by Month. Using the method suggested if one wants to have both average and sum in a table, then for the sum one is forced to use the quickcalc option and that will include the sum of as a part of column heading.  Ideally one should try to use measures for Averages than setting in the model , unless the reporting structure is always to report only averages, which is very unlikely.

Averages.GIF

@walnei 

The need to rename a column is very much needed and let us post it as an idea.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi walnei,

Don't worry i will help you.

choose your measure and go to modelling screen, there you can the "Defaulkt Summarization" there you can pick "Avg"

Capture.JPG

Now you drag the measure in chart and see ....

let me know if its not solve your issue...

Neruppu da !!!!

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

@walnei

Looks like Power BI Does not allow to rename the column heading when you right click the values in the chart and set to display Average.

Alternatively you can compute the measure as an average and assign a name that you wnat for the emasure and display the measure in the chart.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.