Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Komal_chouhan
Regular Visitor

remote server returned an error : (404) Not Found

Hi...I am getting below error while publishing the report. Anybody have any idea about this error?? 

remote server returned an error : (404) Not Found

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI everyone, 

I have this error when I am tryong to connect share point online, I am writing the URL link 

thanks 

Arsham 

Ualas
Helper I
Helper I

Bom dia.

Estou com o mesmo problema. Dá esse erro ao publicar um arquivo .PBIX.

Estou usando o Power BI PRO com uma fonte de Dados SQL Server.

Já tentei remover a fontes de dados, e até refazer todo o trabalho em um novo arquivo .PBIX, porém o problema ainda permanece. 

Alguém tem alguma dica.?

As far as I'm concerned, this issue was introduce with the build 2.40.4554.463

2.40.4554.421  - had issues with circular reference and measure names vs table names

2.40.4554.463 - new build - has issues publishing

I was told if you delete the data from online service and upload again, with the new build the problem will not happen.

It is a conflict between Desktop and Online Service after 2.40.4554.463

More here.

I'm wating for a fix before moving on to the new buid.

Ualas
Helper I
Helper I

Bom dia.
Estou com o mesmo problema. Dá esse erro ao publicar um arquivo .PBIX.

Estou usando o Power BI PRO com uma fonte de Dados SQL Server.
Já tentei remover a fontes de dados, e até refazer todo o trabalho em um novo arquivo .PBIX, porém o problema ainda permanece. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Komal_chouhan,

Does the above error message occur when you publish specific PBIX file or publish all PBIX files? Also we need to know what is the data source in the PBIX file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am also receiving this error when I try to publish a report. Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Jaclyn

Hi Lydia,

I got this error when i published specific PBIX file and Data Source is Oracle.

Hi @Komal_chouhan,

How do you connect to Oracle from Power BI Desktop? Via import option or DirectQuery option?

Would you mind sharing me the PBIX file? I will test it in my enviroment.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I have the exact same issue.

This happens only for one data source.

In my case data source is SQL server.

I tried removing the dataset as well as the report on the service; it did not work. Removed the data source from my gateway, did not work.

Even created another pbix with a different name that pulls data from the same source and just had one single simple visual; did not work either.

My other visuals work.

I remember the issue started when I added some navigatioin steps ( like reordering of columns, etc ) in my data queries and also renamed them. Now even reverting seems to not work and we cannot update or create any new report on that source.

Any ideas how to fix this error?

PS: I have PBI pro and enterprise gateway

To add, I can also see that it happens right after I have changed the credentials to access the database on PBI desktop, as I just did a repro for another sql server source.

Hi,

Please check the side of .pbix file. In my case the issue was the large size of .pbix file due to which i was unable to upload the file that's may be beacause i was using trial version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.