Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cosminc
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

relative evolution expression day vs same day previous week

Hi all,

I have a data base with last 14 days and i want for the last 7 days to see in a graph the evolution versus same day from the first week

can you help me please with this issue? i'm stucked on it.

table example:

day                    value

7/19/2018              5

7/20/2018             11

7/26/2018          10   

8/1/2018            3

result graph with all 14 days in it and 0% value for first 7 and from 26 jul (+100% vs 19 jul) and so on

Thanks a lot!

Cosmin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi cosminc,

As a general solution, you can create a measure with some modification of the calculate column above and create a slicer to make user select date. Then replace DATE(2018, 7, 26) with SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date]).

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi cosminc,

To achieve your requirement, you can create two calculate columns using DAX below:

Seven_days_ago_value = 
VAR Seven_days_ago = Table1[day] - 7
RETURN 
CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[value]), FILTER(ALL(Table1), Table1[day] = Seven_days_ago))

Compare = IF(Table1[day] >= DATE(2018, 7, 26), Table1[value] / Table1[Seven_days_ago_value], 0)

1.PNG2.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

hi,

thanks a lot

2 things:

the source is variable, i saw you put in the second expression a constant date, wright?

Compare = IF(Table1[day] >= DATE(2018, 7, 26), 

and i have also other dimensions which are filtered on report and imagine that my table is more complex: let's say your example multiplied (add a new column with salesmen - S1, S2, S3 similar but with value column different - each salesman have these 14 days data)

when i filter data for S1  i need to see a graph with evlolution

thanks!

Cosmin

Hi cosminc,

As a general solution, you can create a measure with some modification of the calculate column above and create a slicer to make user select date. Then replace DATE(2018, 7, 26) with SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date]).

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks!
Cosmin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.