cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: relative date slicer - last 12 months

The issue is that once you have the Period slicer filter that visual, then it will filter the visual to only that period and no other periods. But, if you don't filter the visual with Period then it will obviously have zero effect on the visual. So, that's quite a pickle.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted
emmaclarke83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Do you think there is any solution to what I am looking for?

Super User
Super User

Yeah, I've been noodling on that and haven't come up with anything yet. Let me contemplate that one and see if I have any bright ideas. @Phil_Seamark@Seth_C_Bauer either of you guys have any ideas on this one?

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Wkbdrguy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, this is exactly what i have been looking for as i have a matrix table that i have wanted to filter the past N full months with the current Month.

Relative Month = if([Date]> Today(); datediff( today(); [Date]; MONTH); -1 *  datediff([Date]; today();MONTH))Date Filter.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 143 members 1,703 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: