Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anushka

relative date filtering

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the relative date filtering in PowerBI Desktop (RS October 2017) for one of the reports. I noticed that relative date filtering is based on time in UTC and picks up current date according to that. Is there any way that I can change this behavior ? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianhe-msft
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Based on my research, currently the relative date filter is limited as “Based on the time in UTC”, referenced the official document, from “Limitations and considerations” session,

“The slicer and filter are always based on the time in UTC, so if you configure a filter in a report and send it to a colleague in a different time zone, you'll both see the same data. However, if you aren't in the UTC time zone you might see data for a different time offset than you expect.”

See Use a relative date slicer and filter in Power BI Desktop

So I am afraid currently it is not possible to change the routine. You could post an idea to https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas.

Best Regards,

Henry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jianhe-msft
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Based on my research, currently the relative date filter is limited as “Based on the time in UTC”, referenced the official document, from “Limitations and considerations” session,

“The slicer and filter are always based on the time in UTC, so if you configure a filter in a report and send it to a colleague in a different time zone, you'll both see the same data. However, if you aren't in the UTC time zone you might see data for a different time offset than you expect.”

See Use a relative date slicer and filter in Power BI Desktop

So I am afraid currently it is not possible to change the routine. You could post an idea to https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas.

Best Regards,

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.