cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandestra

relationship

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with relationships. I try to combine surveys from different sources about our 40 schools. Some surveys have questions about the school, other surveys have questions about the principals.  We would like to compare average scores. 

Some principals are connected with one school over many years. Other principals change schools or have more than one school to lead. Some schools are lead by more than one principle. 

I would like to create a data model in which I can easily calculate scores for both schools and principals. 

Would this be possible ? See attachment of what we want to do.

probleem data directies scholen.png

1 REPLY 1
sreenathv
Super User
Super User

In data modelling, this is a classic case of "many-to-many" relationships. It is possible to do the modelling in these scenarios and it is quite elaborate to explain. So rather than me explaining it, there is a well written article on how to handle these scenarios using a "bridge table" by sqlbi.com.  

sreenathv_0-1638787113791.png

Refer to this link https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/many-to-many-relationships-in-power-bi-and-excel-2016/ 

Please go through this and if you have any trouble understanding the concept, feel free to reply. Someone will help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!