cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

relationship management

Hi, for preparation of Power BI certificate, I'm taking some practice questions and I get stuck with the question below. 

The correct answer is said to be B. However, I think none of them are correct. I will create 2 many-to-1 relationships, one between Date[Date] and Subscriber[StartDate] (active relationship), the other relationshi is between Date[Date] and Subscriber[EndDate](inactive relationship)  I will also overwrite the active relationship via userelationship() in the 2nd measure.

I don't find such answer in the question. Did i miss something?

active relationship.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II
Super User II

@JeanWang ,

Just checked it and the steps you took are correct.
Let's try to eliminate some things until someone gives the answer.. There must be some kind of trick or typo.

1) A: this will not work as "the cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship"
2) D : this should not be the answer, we already have active many-to-one relationship from Start Date, mentioned in the first sentence
3) B: tested it, it works without relationship set to Both. If there are only 2 tables in model (as mentioned at the top of question), this should not be the problem
4) C: not quite sure what they mean, but relationship is already many-to-one.. and if tried to change it will not work

So the real answer should be under D if they said inactive relationship from EndDate (if it was a typo).
As there is no mention at all that there is existing relationship between EndDate and Date table, so this relationship needs to exist.

Hope someone will give the answer 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

@JeanWang ,

Just checked it and the steps you took are correct.
Let's try to eliminate some things until someone gives the answer.. There must be some kind of trick or typo.

1) A: this will not work as "the cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship"
2) D : this should not be the answer, we already have active many-to-one relationship from Start Date, mentioned in the first sentence
3) B: tested it, it works without relationship set to Both. If there are only 2 tables in model (as mentioned at the top of question), this should not be the problem
4) C: not quite sure what they mean, but relationship is already many-to-one.. and if tried to change it will not work

So the real answer should be under D if they said inactive relationship from EndDate (if it was a typo).
As there is no mention at all that there is existing relationship between EndDate and Date table, so this relationship needs to exist.

Hope someone will give the answer 🙂

View solution in original post

Thank you, Nandic! Your comments help to straighten my mind. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors