Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

relationship management

Hi, for preparation of Power BI certificate, I'm taking some practice questions and I get stuck with the question below. 

The correct answer is said to be B. However, I think none of them are correct. I will create 2 many-to-1 relationships, one between Date[Date] and Subscriber[StartDate] (active relationship), the other relationshi is between Date[Date] and Subscriber[EndDate](inactive relationship)  I will also overwrite the active relationship via userelationship() in the 2nd measure.

I don't find such answer in the question. Did i miss something?

active relationship.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous ,

Just checked it and the steps you took are correct.
Let's try to eliminate some things until someone gives the answer.. There must be some kind of trick or typo.

1) A: this will not work as "the cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship"
2) D : this should not be the answer, we already have active many-to-one relationship from Start Date, mentioned in the first sentence
3) B: tested it, it works without relationship set to Both. If there are only 2 tables in model (as mentioned at the top of question), this should not be the problem
4) C: not quite sure what they mean, but relationship is already many-to-one.. and if tried to change it will not work

So the real answer should be under D if they said inactive relationship from EndDate (if it was a typo).
As there is no mention at all that there is existing relationship between EndDate and Date table, so this relationship needs to exist.

Hope someone will give the answer 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous ,

Just checked it and the steps you took are correct.
Let's try to eliminate some things until someone gives the answer.. There must be some kind of trick or typo.

1) A: this will not work as "the cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship"
2) D : this should not be the answer, we already have active many-to-one relationship from Start Date, mentioned in the first sentence
3) B: tested it, it works without relationship set to Both. If there are only 2 tables in model (as mentioned at the top of question), this should not be the problem
4) C: not quite sure what they mean, but relationship is already many-to-one.. and if tried to change it will not work

So the real answer should be under D if they said inactive relationship from EndDate (if it was a typo).
As there is no mention at all that there is existing relationship between EndDate and Date table, so this relationship needs to exist.

Hope someone will give the answer 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Nandic! Your comments help to straighten my mind. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.