Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrothschild
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

refresh BI dataset upon powerapps

What's the most efficient way of getting data input into PowerApps via the integrated visual to refresh in PowerBI?

I'm relatively new to both BI and PowerApps, and have never used Flow, so I think I may need to integrate all 3. 

I have imported the PowerApps custom visual from the Marketplace into my PowerBI.  

The PowerApps populates an Excel Spreadsheet with a few metrics, e.g., 

1. Acquisition Cost
  2. Rent
  3. Loan Amount
  4. Interest Rate

PowerApps saves into the spreadsheet and then is linked to a calculated table in PowerBI.  The PowerBI table does most of the calculation for the BI visuals.  

So when I change the data in PowerApps, I'm trying to figure out how to most readily save it to the external spreadsheet and then update/refresh my BI?

Thanks

** Update **

From this video, looks like it may not be possible to do unless my spreadsheet is uploaded to OneDrive (even if it's in a cloud software, like Dropbox or GoogleDrive)?

Once data is in OneDrive:

http://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-powerapps 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mrothschild ,

You may take a look at Limitations of the PowerApps custom visual.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I understand I need to do a manual refresh.  My file that Powerapps is saving to is a Google Docs spreadsheet.  From the video I linked in the above post, it seems possible to execute a manual refresh if the file is saved on OneDrive.  Does it only work on OneDrive and not on Google Docs?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.