Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vinod116m
Regular Visitor

received requests on daily, weekly, monthly basis

Hi all,
I'm new to powerBI tool can anybody help me to achive the below request.

# requests received on daily, weekly, monthly basis, and by category / intent
I have to show the data in line graph:
Line Graph with X axis as the Day / Week / Month

Data Range Selection, Filter by option provided for Intent, Category, Type and Item
Please help me on this.
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vinod116m,

Suppose you have columns [Date], [Category], [Intent], [Type] and [Item] in your source table. To show Day/Week/Month on X-axis, you shoud first create these values based on [Date], then, place these three columns in "Axis" section of line chart. You can click the "Drill Down" button on the top left of the chart to dynamically change the level of hierarchy.

Day=Day('TableName'[Date])

Week=WeekNum('TableName'[Date])

Month=Month('TableName'[Date])

To show data values grouped by category and intent, you can add [Category] and [Intent] into "Legend" section.

To filter chart by option provided for Intent, Category, Type and Item, please add slicers into report page, and display the above fields you want into slicers. Line chart will show corresponding data based on your selection.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.