Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Truelearner
Helper III
Helper III

ranking issue

I have sales data for employees  In the data we have two levels of employees , high level and low level across mutiple departments . 

i want to find rank of employess by the sales they have done

1. Rank of employee across firm

2. Rank of employee in department 

3. When the user with level as Highlevel is in scope he should see , rank of his group compared to other groups , when lowlevel employee is in scope we should not show him the group rank it has to show blank.

We have configured RLS on this report in such a way that if a lowlevel user logs in he will see only his data , when a highlevel user logs in he will his his data and all his lowlevel employees of his department . 

The ranking criteria i  mentioned above should not get effected by RLS .. i assume we have create ranking in columns rather than mesaures for this scenario . Please help

Below are the test data tables 

High levelLow levelDeptID
highlevel 11
 lowlevel12
 lowlevel13
 lowlevel14
 lowlevel25
 lowlevel26
highlevel 27
highlevel 28
highlevel 39
 lowlevel310

IDSales

IDSalesRank indivualRank in DepartmentDept Rank in Firm

@mgwena @cham @amitchandak @Greg_Deckler @Mariusz @yij @yij @ v-diye-msft@ @v-eachen-msft @@v-juanli-msft @v-jayw-msf v-zhenbw-msft

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Truelearner 

For RLS, it works on datamodel level, that means it will filter data in data model, then you use data model to create a measure/column.

In this way, the row context and filter context won't calculate with filtered data.

For example:

If RLS filter data by employee id, now other id will be removed, so it rank will always is "1".

So your requirement will not be achieved in power bi for now.

Hope this could help you.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

how abt creating summary data for rank of all criteria and use it in data model that way we have ranks already cacuclated ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.