Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

almohalhel1408
Frequent Visitor

rank not working in tooltip

hello everybody 

i am trying to get the ranking for countries which one The most affected country by corona 

so i did the measure correctly https://powerbi.tips/2017/07/ranking-values-with-measures/

it is working in the tables but then i made it like a card in tooltip page so when i tried in the map it was not filtering correctly

rank in table working correctlyrank in table working correctly

and here when i put it like a card in tooltip 

rank not working in tooltiprank not working in tooltip

is there any solution ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi  @almohalhel1408 

You need to use field from "Location" in the rank formula.

use a tooltip page, it likes that you use drillthrough from that map visual to tooltip page, then it will filter that country in tooltip page.

so it will show only one country data in tooltip page.

Therefore, you could only all instead allselected function, but if you use slicer filter data in report, it will be covered by tooltip, so it will always rerturn 1 when you use allselected.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @almohalhel1408 

Just replace ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in the rank measure.

5.JPG

Since when you use a tooltip page and it likes you use a slicer to filter the data, so it will always return 1.

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

first i appreciate your help @v-lili6-msft @amitchandak 

so i replaced ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in the rank measure like that 

Rank = RANKX( ALL('Cases Time (2)'[Country Region] ) , CALCULATE( SUM( 'Cases Time (2)'[Delta_Confirmed]) ) )

but the result same exactly like above in the table working well but in tooltip not working

i discovered something maybe it will help to configure the problem i found that when i use the Country Column in the same table of measure it will working but when i use Location Table to Filter the result it will give me a wrong result
RelationshipRelationship

rank is working if i used Country column in the same table  for the valuerank is working if i used Country column in the same table for the value

here i created a map with Country Column  from the Case Time Table so 

ranked function worked well but the others with yellow highlight disabled not working any more and this Expected to happen

so what i have to do now?

hi  @almohalhel1408 

You need to use field from "Location" in the rank formula.

use a tooltip page, it likes that you use drillthrough from that map visual to tooltip page, then it will filter that country in tooltip page.

so it will show only one country data in tooltip page.

Therefore, you could only all instead allselected function, but if you use slicer filter data in report, it will be covered by tooltip, so it will always rerturn 1 when you use allselected.

Regards,

Lin

First of all thanks million for helping me really i learned many things 

second thing i made many experiments and you right about ALL and ALLSELECTED 

SO FINALLY i discovered the main problem with rank with map 

if i made the map field take a data from Country column in Location Table then the measure it will work fine but if i made the map take the data from Lat and Long cordinate Columns then the Rank Measure it will not work

so any solution 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@almohalhel1408 

Is data displayed at the same granularity as the bar chart?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.