Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

js12
Frequent Visitor

r

Hi

I'm trying to create a timeline using the timevis package in R and trying to integrate in power BI dektop.

This  is my R code:

> data <- data.frame(
+ id =1:6,
+ content = c("kick off", "buy in from M3", "decision on BCP scenario", "decision on BCP partner", "BCP inactive", "BCP active"),
+ start = c("2015-11-30", "2016-04-04", "2016-07-04", "2016-10-10", "2017-03-31", "2017-06-30"),
+ end = c(NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA)
+ )
> timevis(data)

Now, this does give the desired html version of the visualization but I can't integrate it with power BI dektop.

Can anyone please help?

PS: Also does Power BI dektop not support dynamic visuals designed in R script?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@js12

I reproduced your issue.

69.PNG

68.PNG

67.PNG

As confirmed with Product Team, currently timevis lib is supported as part of HTML support for R powered Custom Visuals only, not R Visuals in general.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@js12

I reproduced your issue.

69.PNG

68.PNG

67.PNG

As confirmed with Product Team, currently timevis lib is supported as part of HTML support for R powered Custom Visuals only, not R Visuals in general.

Regards,

hi, is there another timeline visual which can be used within power bi that allows plotting milestones upon a single project line?

Hi Smithbster

Till the last time I checked, there wasn't any visual for plotting a timeline explicitly.

However, creating a Gantt chart was one option.

The second option that seemed to be pretty close to a milestone chart, was the play axis visual. Maybe it works for you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.