Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
js12
Frequent Visitor

r

Hi

I'm trying to create a timeline using the timevis package in R and trying to integrate in power BI dektop.

This  is my R code:

> data <- data.frame(
+ id =1:6,
+ content = c("kick off", "buy in from M3", "decision on BCP scenario", "decision on BCP partner", "BCP inactive", "BCP active"),
+ start = c("2015-11-30", "2016-04-04", "2016-07-04", "2016-10-10", "2017-03-31", "2017-06-30"),
+ end = c(NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA)
+ )
> timevis(data)

Now, this does give the desired html version of the visualization but I can't integrate it with power BI dektop.

Can anyone please help?

PS: Also does Power BI dektop not support dynamic visuals designed in R script?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: r

@js12

I reproduced your issue.

69.PNG

68.PNG

67.PNG

As confirmed with Product Team, currently timevis lib is supported as part of HTML support for R powered Custom Visuals only, not R Visuals in general.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-sihou-msft

@js12

I reproduced your issue.

69.PNG

68.PNG

67.PNG

As confirmed with Product Team, currently timevis lib is supported as part of HTML support for R powered Custom Visuals only, not R Visuals in general.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Smithbster
Frequent Visitor

hi, is there another timeline visual which can be used within power bi that allows plotting milestones upon a single project line?

js12
Frequent Visitor

Hi Smithbster

Till the last time I checked, there wasn't any visual for plotting a timeline explicitly.

However, creating a Gantt chart was one option.

The second option that seemed to be pretty close to a milestone chart, was the play axis visual. Maybe it works for you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors