cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

r script returns text values and not attachments in dataset

Hi,

I have just started working with Rscript. I am trying to filter columns based on pattern matching using regex in R-Script.

# 'dataset' holds the input data for this script
dataset$StrDate<- as.character(dataset$Subject)

x<-as.character(dataset$StrDate)

pattern <- "^[[:alpha:]]{4}\\s\\d{2}\\.\\d{2}\\.\\d{2}"
isMatch <- function(x) {grepl(pattern, as.character(x), ignore.case=TRUE)}
dataset$Flag=isMatch(x)

output<-dataset

My input table contains columns such as Subject, Attachments,Body,Sender etc. The attachment column has tables containing pdf attachments. However, the output from the above code is a Name, Value table. After I expand the values column I get all the columns in text format. I need the pdf attachments in Attachments column. Can someone please help with this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: r script returns text values and not attachments in dataset

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source then? Could you please share it to me together with your excepted result? So that I can test it my side.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: r script returns text values and not attachments in dataset

Thanks for your response!

I am extracting my inbox email data here from Microsoft exchange online. I cant send across the dataset due to company policy but I am attaching snapshot of all the columns.Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Since I want all the emails in the inbox from Cash team I am trying to filter out all the RE: and Fw: here using Rscript. After I filter the emails R-script returns me the following table.

Capture2.PNG

On expanding the values column I see that my input table column values have been converted to string format. Since in the next steps I want to extract the pdf attachment in table under Attachments column, i am not able to do so anymore.

I hope the problem and solution expected is clear. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors