Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

r script returns text values and not attachments in dataset

Hi,

I have just started working with Rscript. I am trying to filter columns based on pattern matching using regex in R-Script.

# 'dataset' holds the input data for this script
dataset$StrDate<- as.character(dataset$Subject)

x<-as.character(dataset$StrDate)

pattern <- "^[[:alpha:]]{4}\\s\\d{2}\\.\\d{2}\\.\\d{2}"
isMatch <- function(x) {grepl(pattern, as.character(x), ignore.case=TRUE)}
dataset$Flag=isMatch(x)

output<-dataset

My input table contains columns such as Subject, Attachments,Body,Sender etc. The attachment column has tables containing pdf attachments. However, the output from the above code is a Name, Value table. After I expand the values column I get all the columns in text format. I need the pdf attachments in Attachments column. Can someone please help with this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source then? Could you please share it to me together with your excepted result? So that I can test it my side.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response!

I am extracting my inbox email data here from Microsoft exchange online. I cant send across the dataset due to company policy but I am attaching snapshot of all the columns.Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Since I want all the emails in the inbox from Cash team I am trying to filter out all the RE: and Fw: here using Rscript. After I filter the emails R-script returns me the following table.

Capture2.PNG

On expanding the values column I see that my input table column values have been converted to string format. Since in the next steps I want to extract the pdf attachment in table under Attachments column, i am not able to do so anymore.

I hope the problem and solution expected is clear. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.