Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wskallmeyer
Advocate II
Advocate II

"see records" not shown for line and stacked column chart

I have 2 visuals.  One is Stacked column chart and the other a Line and Stacked column chart.

When I right click on a column within the Stacked column chart I get an option to "See Records."  

However when I right click within the line and stacked column chart all I get is "See Data."

Am I missing something in my setup?

Thanks, Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wskallmeyer,

Based on my test, the combine chart, including line and stacked column chart supports 'See Records' feature partially. If the combine chart contains both column and line values, the See Records option is disabled. But if only column or line values display in the chart, the option is available. 

There are a few limitations to consider when using See Data or See Records, only the following visual types are supported:

• Bar
  • Column
  • Map
  • Tree Map
  • Filled Map
  • Pie
  • Donut
  • Funnel

Also, you won't see 'See Records' option when your visual uses a calculated measure.

Someone has submitted similar ideas about this issue, you can click to vote it up:
See Records feature improvements

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wskallmeyer,

Based on my test, the combine chart, including line and stacked column chart supports 'See Records' feature partially. If the combine chart contains both column and line values, the See Records option is disabled. But if only column or line values display in the chart, the option is available. 

There are a few limitations to consider when using See Data or See Records, only the following visual types are supported:

• Bar
  • Column
  • Map
  • Tree Map
  • Filled Map
  • Pie
  • Donut
  • Funnel

Also, you won't see 'See Records' option when your visual uses a calculated measure.

Someone has submitted similar ideas about this issue, you can click to vote it up:
See Records feature improvements

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @wskallmeyer, I don't think you are missing anything and not all visuals behave the same.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.