Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zapppsr
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

"Working on it" taking too long for simple things such as renaming a mesure.

"Working on it" taking too long for simple things such as renaming a mesure.

This issue comes and goes in different updates. In the last verision: Versão: 2.87.762.0 64-bit (novembro de 2020) it is back again.

This is very time consuming and happens randomly. Sometimes you rename a measure in the visual field, and nothing happens. It updated instantly. Sometimes the same measure takes ages on "Working" on it.

Reseting the computer and trying again seems to fix the problem in some occasions, but not all the time.

It happens in many other situations such as:

• Just clicking to create a new measure.
  • Renaming a table column.
  • Chaging the name of a measure in a visual field.
  • Editing an existing measure.

Nothing justifies this behaviour. I decided to post today because I started a new file with just 2 measures with DISTINCTCOUNT in a model that has 2 tables, one with 2 million rows and other with 1 milion rows, meaning, a very basic and small model.

I have a model file that has a starter pack, themes, pre loaded basic tables such as calendar, plants etc... This file is old and I use it to start new projects. I will buid the same model in a fresh file created with the latest version to see if it changes the behaviour, bust just for testing purpuses because I have 90 reports created in different versions so it is not viable to recreate them using a new blank file from scratch.

If you guys experienced something similar, please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Maru
Helper I
Helper I

Occur to me from creating a measure to perform NETWORKDAYS without weekend parameter.

KerySolutions

I know this is an old post, but I believe the answer is related to either a KEY field that is too complicated (contains many characters or special characters) or a DAX CUSTOM COLUMN that is too complicated. I would be happy to review your dataset with you if you are still having issues!

Michael Kery

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zapppsr ,

This sounds like a pretty random problem. You may check the Resource Monitor and see if there's any abnormal thing while this happening.

You could also try to open a support ticket. It is free if you have a Pro account.

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@zapppsr , there is an issue reported on NOV 2020 -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PBI-app-slow-data-load/idi-p/1498817

If this issue is inline with your issue. Vote for it.

@amitchandak 

Thanks for replying. Data loads fast. It is not the same issue. It is a bug that keeps you waiting for a long time if you start to create a blank measure, for instance...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors