Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danextian
Super User
Super User

"Working on it" message that won't disappear

After I publish changes to a Power BI dataset I and start modifying/formatting/creating a measure in a report that is connected to that dataset withou refreshing it, I get  a "working on it" message that doesn't disappear. I always end up using the Task manager to terminate the report. I could use the recovery option but it doesn't always recover the changes I make. Everyone else probably also experiences this.

Any fix or workaround other than forced-closing the report?  

working on it.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
5 REPLIES 5
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@danextian , 

Try to re-install PBI Desktop and then check whether are you facing same issue.

Please don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

I'm using the December 2019 version but I have experienced the same issue with older versions. 

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danextian , 

I test this in my environment which works well. I am not sure whether this is cause by large data? If you click in other blank space, will it disappear? You also could post this problem in powerbi issue forum for more suggestion.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The only time it happens is when I publish changes to a dataset then start modifying/creating measures in the report that is connected to the updated dataset  without actually refreshing the report first. 

@danextian I am having this issue. Did you find a fix?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.