Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Joorge_C
Resolver II
Resolver II

"Working on it" Error Pop up, stays on forever

Hey Guys,

so just spotted this today in 2 different machines in 2 different PBI Desktop Files.

After finishin Query changes and appying them, PBI loads new data and when it finishes, it just shows a "Working on it" message for indefinate time. I waited 1 hour and it was still there.

I have latest PBI version that came out. Looks to be some kind of glitch.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Joorge_C ,

It's wierd.

Try roll back the query changes and see if this issue still exists. If not the problem might be on the query.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joorge_C ,

Can you show more details?

What data source your are using? How many data do you have? Did this happend before?

Best Regards,

Jay

Hello @v-jayw-msft ,

First time happening.

The PBI is a 35mb file that connects to about 6 very small sharepoint lists, 2 sql sources with about 3.5MM rows total and 3 other small excel files.

File has always worked without issues, and now after applying a few changes in some queries, the data refresh loads fine and quick, but when it finishes I have that "Working on it message".

I just left my machine overnight, with the message loading to see if it would do something, but no luck.

Thanks

Hi @Joorge_C ,

It's wierd.

Try roll back the query changes and see if this issue still exists. If not the problem might be on the query.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Jay,

Thanks for your help.

I was able to find the problem. I looked deeper into one query and found some extra lines that did not need to be there. Funny thing is these didnt cause an error if I was to refresh or do any regular work. Only now that I had dome extra query and other changes on top of it, thats when it caused the error.

So I was able to simply and remove them and my PBI is now working fine.

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.