Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lovebo01
Helper I
Helper I

"View errors" disappear in new versions of Power BI Desktop

Hello,

In the previous version like August 2020 version of Power BI Desktop, when you load some data and close and apply the query editor. And you have some errors from Power Query editor it shows you "View errors" like this :

View_Errors_PBI.JPG

But now it's showing nothing and replace errors directly by null value.

How to get this pop-up again in the last version of Power BI Desktop ?

Thank you,

Lovebo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lovebo01 ,

I test on the lastest version:2.96.701.0 64-bit ,the function you describe remains normal.

vluwangmsft_1-1629705916164.png

vluwangmsft_0-1629705891379.png

You could try to reload the lastest version ,and reinstall.You also could also see below to catch the Error Rows in Power Query:

https://radacad.com/exception-reporting-in-power-bi-catch-the-error-rows-in-power-query 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lovebo01 ,

I test on the lastest version:2.96.701.0 64-bit ,the function you describe remains normal.

vluwangmsft_1-1629705916164.png

vluwangmsft_0-1629705891379.png

You could try to reload the lastest version ,and reinstall.You also could also see below to catch the Error Rows in Power Query:

https://radacad.com/exception-reporting-in-power-bi-catch-the-error-rows-in-power-query 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Best Regards

Lucien

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lovebo01 , if you have already defined steps it might take that.  Also, there can be some changes in the engine, the way it handles the error.

But if replacement is correct then it is a good to change. if not what was expected behviour

I expect to see by my self the errors to correct them.

The view errors was very useful because after this we can have a table with only the errors without looking for them.

It was very useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.