Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RoshValecha

"Values" field missing in Map visualisation

Hello everyone,

I created a Map report a few months ago and I remember that the "Values" field was there. 

PBI1.png

I am now trying to recreate another Map but the field seem to have disappeared. I can't recreate the same type of Map and I don't have the previous version anymore.

Has someone come across the same issue?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the user that was trying to use map was actually picking Filled map visualisation instead of Map visualisation where there is size field but absent in filled map. Thank you.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can't you use SIZE and/or the tooltips?

I don't keep older vesrions of the PBI but I don't recall Maps ever having Values ?!

Hi Sean,

Thanks for answering. I tried using the other fields but I can't seem to get the result I want. Additionnaly, the screenshot I posted is from a video tutorial on how to use the maps on Power BI - the values field is there.

Hi @RoshValecha,

Could you please describe more details about the expected result? What data do you want to display in the Map?

In addition, Power BI Desktop version is updated every month and there are some changes of Visualizations in different Power BI Desktop versions.

In Power BI Desktop March update, the Values field is available in Map visual. However, from Power BI Desktop April update, the Values field in Map visual have been changed to Size field, obviously, the video tutorial is not updated along with Power BI Desktop monthly update.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.