cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes awa

Thanks this worked for me.  I just had to add a description to the impacted tables in Power Query.  Maybe related to the enhanced metadata breaking my existing tables.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

e Re: "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes awa

Had same issue. The offenders were two parameters. Added some text in the descriptions for both and applied updates. Now is fixed.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes awa

Hi  @parry2k 

I still don't get why for some users the solution worked if there is no option "Discard Changes" on the yellow warning. Nor I can find stale tables, all are working fine. My only issue is with the yellow sing that doesn’t disappear even after hitting the “X” it pops again few seconds after.

Isn’t another solution for users that have metadata turned off?

Highlighted

I had this same issue and I discovered that in my case the issue was directly related to Power Query functions that had "Enable load" hiddenly activated.

However, the hidden active state of "Enable load" of a function can only be deactivated when the function is "stale" (with the yellow triangle). If you click on "Refresh Preview" and the function reloads (showing the fx icon) then the "Enable load" option will be greyed out and appear as deactivated (no tickmark). I believe that this is a bug and that it remains hiddenly activated causing this issue.

I solved it as follows using the July 2020 version of Power BI:

1. Clicked on the "x" on the yellow warning bar that said "there are pending changes in your queries...", and take note of which tables its identifying as stale
    2. Click on "Transform Data" to open the Power Query Editor
    3. Right click on all "stale" functions and deactivate "Enable Load"
    4. Close & Apply changes
    5. Refresh Power BI Report & Save

Probably the cause of this bug is that these functions were originally tables which were later converted into functions (modifying the first rows of the M code) and preserved the "Enable Load" active status.

Enable load shows up as activated then the functions are in stale stateEnable load shows up as activated then the functions are in stale state

"Enable load" option appears greyed out when the function refreshes properly"Enable load" option appears greyed out when the function refreshes properly

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors