cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes awa

Happening to me also with the June 2020 release.  Could we please get a fix for this other than having to "rebuild" our model?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes awa

@juan_pablo : I understand. We also had to fix this issue in a report with almost 300 measures, 50 calculated columns and more than 30 tables. We had to do this, because it's a report which we've build for a client and we weren't able to apply any changes anymore in the report due to this bug. Support became impossible. It was a lot of work, but currently the only option. I hope a fix will be released for you soon, but keep in mind that it's possible that you will run into the same problem as we had, namely: not being able to apply any changes in the Power Query editor.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Try following solution

Download the latest June 2020 build (version: 2.82.5858.961). If the issue still exists, try the following:

1. Click “Discard changes” on the yellow warning bar, and take note of which tables its identifying as stale
    2. In the Power Query Editor, change the description for each of the “stale” queries with value something like “test”
    3. Apply changes

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @parry2k thanks for your reply.

I just installed the last versión and the issue continues.

There's no "Discard Changes" option. If you refer to the "X", after clicing it, nothing happens and the warning appears again.

juan_pablo_0-1593093498400.png

There are no stale tables, in fact the report works fine and it succesfuly updates all the tables, so I can't follow your steps.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@juan_pablo thanks for the feedback. So seems like you haven't turned on enhanced metadata which is ok. So question is, after you click x, does this issue pops back again or it is fixed? That's something not clear from your reply.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@parry2k - That appears to have worked, thanks!  What I did notice is that the table giving me problems had previously been given a description (in Query Editor, Properties) but that it was now blank.  Put the description back in and the "pending changes" message disappeared after doing a "Close and Apply".  FWIW, about two weeks ago, I noticed that after loading a new version of MS PowerBI, all my query descriptions had multiple repeated descriptions within them.

FWIW, I don't see how we can mark something as a solution.  Used to be able to do that but no longer appears as an option.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@parry2k   If I clic the "X" the warning pops back few second later.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k  That worked! Thank you!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k , unfortunately that did not work for me.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried it again today and it worked. Go figure! Thanks @parry2k  for the workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors