Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"The Following Error Ocurred" but its empty

Hello !

I have an budget report that i use Unique IDs to match the costs file and the budget file

To create the ID i simple concatenate colunms like = A & B & C

It was working just fine, until i find some errors on my data and had to rebuild it from almost the start.

Now, everytime i try to concatenate more then 4 colunm, it gives this empty error like:

Sem título.png

Heres the formula:

Auxiliar = 'Base de Dados'[Cursed Account]&'Base de Dados'[Centro custo]&'Base de Dados'[N Mês]&'Base de Dados'[Data de lançamento].[Ano]

I can´t upload my PBIX, since i work with an intranet connection, but i can send it via e-mail, if its necessary (Not sure if the data will still the same, since i use data flows and SAP BW)

Can you guys help me please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there any description for the error?

What is the data-type for both of the above created concatenated columns? I would suppose they shold have TEXT data-type.

Can you attach sample data as a file, so that I can try at my end?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the DAX is in some other language, I am guessing that something is going wrong in the last Column referenced in the DAX expression. It looks like the last column is a DATE type column and you are trying to concatenate just the DAY/MONTH/YEAR part of it.

Rather than accessing TABLE1[DateCol].[MONTH], try using MONTH(TABLE1[DateCol]). Basically you are using MONTH DAX function here.

If this also gives error, try using CONCATENATE function to concatenate your columns.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Pragati11 , thanks for the reply!

Sorry, i forgot to translate my code, but i did tried to change it to the MONTH(), but it didn´t worked:

Sem título1.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you try using CONCATENATE function and check if the error still persists?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it, it works just fine, even with year and month, but if i try to merge other colunms, i got the same error:

RenanMoreira_2-1610540316191.png

this is year and month, both of them work togheter just fine, but since i need Account , cost center, month and year, it stilss gives me the error.

Cost center and account:

RenanMoreira_3-1610540387584.png

No error, but when i try to merge both of the concatenates (even on separeted dax colunms, the error still persists)

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there any description for the error?

What is the data-type for both of the above created concatenated columns? I would suppose they shold have TEXT data-type.

Can you attach sample data as a file, so that I can try at my end?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pragati11 it was indeed not as 'text', as it should be, so i basically made 2 concatenate colunms ( 2 for each one i needed), and create a third one, concatenating A and B, as text, and it worked !

Thanks for the support !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.