Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MKAS

"Show on Rows" not functioning for Matrix

Hi 

I am trying to replicate the logic as it appears in the GIF.

2021-07-24_16-10-41.gif

I am developing the functionality through using a matrix table, calculating two measures in PowerBI, and using a non-related filter.

One of the measures is calculating the Preise, and the other one is to calculate the Unit.

The user should have the ability to choose between calculating the rents monthly or per square meter.

The applied logic should be for only one category, which is the property rental and not the other categories i.e it needs to evaluate it at a row context.

Using PowerBI, the logic for calculating the price is working well, but it is not for the Unit.

It would have worked with the use of "show on rows", but that is not working for me.

The calculated Unit measure stays in values but not moving to rows (where it should be) in the Matrix visualisation.

I have tried other alternatives for calculating the Unit using calculated columns but it also did not work.

Now I am out of options.

Here is the DAX for calculating the measure for Unit:

• Unit =
      • SWITCH(
        • TRUE,
        • SELECTEDVALUE('Filter Selection Calculation Type'[SelectedID])= 2  && SELECTEDVALUE(DimImmoKategorie[ImmoKatID])= 1 ,
        • "CHF/m2 p.a",
        • DimEinheiten[EinheitName]
      • )

Any suggestions on how to make it work or what the issue can be?

Thank you for your guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKAS 

If you put only one measure in Values of a matrix, the "Show on rows" feature will not work. It works when you put multiple measures or fields in Values. Then the result of these fields will be displayed on rows instead of columns.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Its hard to evaluate the problem without some data.  Can you please share more information?  Providing a pbix or dummy data will be useful in helping you to resolve the issue.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.