Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clout
Helper III
Helper III

"Show items with no data" is not working in line chart, expect in tables

Hello guys,

In some columns of my data the first months are blank, but in the other columns the data exists in these first months.

When I visualise the data with the first blank rows in a chart, the date axis starts with the first existing data. But when I put my date slicer at the beginning of the database, I want to show the blank data in the visual too.

So I think this works with "Show items with no data" and it works with a table. But it doesnt work with line chart:

As you can see, the blank rows are displayed in the table, but not in the line chart. The line chart begins at the 1th January 2021, but I put the slicer at the end of 2019. I want to show the date axis like in the left chart "mittlere O2-Konz. in ml/l"

Unbenannt.PNG

Trough my google research, it should be possible with "show items with no data". But somehow it doesnt work in my dashboard with any data.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clout ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1618819471629.png

If you change the type of the x-axis to "categorical" and enable 'Show items with no data' option, you can see the blank values.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clout ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1618819471629.png

If you change the type of the x-axis to "categorical" and enable 'Show items with no data' option, you can see the blank values.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay thank you, so I think its not possible another way.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Clout , Try a measure with +0 and check

new measure  = [Measure]+0

Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Thank you amitchandak - just added +0 to my measure and the magic happened 🙂

Thank you for your answer @amitchandak 

Now it will show me the whole time, but now it looks like that too:

Unbenannt.PNG

Is it possible to hide the line which is 0?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.