Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

"Show Items With No Data" causing problems; other data goes missing!

Hello,

I'm trying to produce what should be a very simple table visual.  The first four columns are from my Payments table, and the final column is from a table called SpecialRequests.  The SpecialRequests table has a many-to-one relationship with the Payments table.  Most rows in Payments do not correspond to any SpecialRequests, but some do.  I want to see all Payments (within the filter context), and any SpecialRequest data that may exist.

For example, it should look like this:

PaymentDatePaymentAmountPaymentCustomerNamePaymentCodeSpecialRequestDesc
01/03/2021£200Jackson5555 
03/03/2021£75Miller5412Item to be personalised
03/03/2021£100Smith1233 

In theory, this should be easily accomplished by setting "SpecialRequestDesc" to "Show items with no data".

However, when I do that, data starts disappearing from the other columns!  Some rows lose their PaymentAmount and PaymentCode, other rows lose their PaymentAmount and PaymentCustomerName, some lose the PaymentAmount only.

All rows in the Payments table have the above-named fields populated, so it's a mystery why the data disappears from the visual.

Any clues appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

An update - I haven't figured this out, but I have developed a satisfactory workaround.  The workaround is a measure:

SpecialRequestDesc = CALCULATE(MIN(SpecialRequests[SpecialRequestDesc]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

An update - I haven't figured this out, but I have developed a satisfactory workaround.  The workaround is a measure:

SpecialRequestDesc = CALCULATE(MIN(SpecialRequests[SpecialRequestDesc]))

s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Oh and just to add to my problems, there are now some rows that only show the SpecialRequestDesc!

s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @amitchandak , the source data for these columns does not contain any measures.  I'm just looking to output single transactions, not aggregations.  However, the PaymentCode column is a calculated column.

Yes, the table I shared is the expected output.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@s-turn , what is source data. Assuming the table you shared is the expected output

Usually a measure like this should work =  sum(PaymentAmount)+1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.