Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bcsalsaboy
Regular Visitor

"Shade map" visual with Canadian province

Hello there,

I am trying to find this particular map visual, to use with Canadian provinces.  I saw a presentation with a map visual, and when the person described it (or hovered over it in the Visualizations are of Power BI desktop, it was called "Shade Map".

I couldnt find it in the market place, and not sure how to enable this if there is another method.

Attached is a screen shot of the map and the corresponding icon for it.   4th row, 3rd from the left.

If anyone knows how i could find this, or enable it to use with Canadian provinces, i would appreciate it.  Still a newbie.Screenshot (136).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bcsalsaboy , refer to this article in case you do not get it by default. some settings has been given

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-shape-map

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bcsalsaboy , refer to this article in case you do not get it by default. some settings has been given

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-shape-map

MarcoPessina
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @bcsalsaboy ,

you can use the Shape Map (not Shade) visual and set Cananada's Provinces in the Shape - Map property like in the picture below.

You might have to enable Shape Map option in Power BI Options - Preview features.Annotation 2020-06-17 140221.jpg

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Marco

sorry still dont know how to "enable" the shape map in power bi options - preview??????

Hi all, i think its due to older version of PBI Desktop.

had version Version: 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October, 2019)

have now upgraded to latest.

thanks all

thanks Marco for the quick reply,

but where do i get the shape map?   in the market place?

is that whats its called?

in my standard visualizations all i have for maps is:  "map"    "filled map"  and ArcGis Maps.

also not sure how to "enable" shape map as you described...

@bcsalsaboy what is the issue using the filled map, not super clear, if your data is from Canadian provinces, and you use filled map, it will show respect provinces/country. Did you try it? If yes, what issue you ran into?

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@bcsalsaboy seems like it is a filled map.

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.