Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

boxen_solution
Regular Visitor

"Select All" is different from selecting all.

Hello

I have a table where users can filter by a text column. If all available selections is "ticked" manually the total data is correct:

okfilter.PNG

BUT if i let the slicer select all selections by ticking "Select All". The values and totals in column 4 gets corrupted. 

not ok filter.PNG

What is the reason for this behaviour. Is it a bug or is there somthing in the datamodel that can introduce this behavior?

Best Regards

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @boxen_solution,

I am unable to reproduce your scenario, from your screenshot, I notice there is another year slicer in your report, right? If it is, please examine the interaction between slicers and reports. I think the issue is related it.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Angelia

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@boxen_solution the issue might be your measure, how are you calculating the total?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi!

The total is calculated by the system (and behaves different if a "select all" or manually "pick all")

The measure for each row is like this

Förändring aktiva medlemmar procent = SUMX(DimDate;([Förändring aktiva medlemmar] / CALCULATE(SUMX('Månadsrapportering';'Månadsrapportering'[Aktiva medlemmar totalt]);PARALLELPERIOD('DimDate'[Datum];-1;MONTH))) *100)

BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.