Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michellepace
Resolver III
Resolver III

"Remove all highlighting" button to take page back to default

Hello,

My users need one button which returns a page completely to it's "default state" (ie no filters or highlighting). I have a created a "Remove all filters" button (using bookmarks) - that works well. Now, I need to be able to "unselect" any/all highlighting" with a simple button click too.

Question: Anyone know how "unselect" any/all highlighting" by means of a button? 

As always, thank you.
Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@michellepace 

it should work. check my simple pbix and this gif (thx @edhans for this pretty useful tool)

bookmarks.gif

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you for your reply but please re-read my question. Specifically, I need to "unselect highlighting". Not a slicer. Or a filter. But *highlighting*

Hi @michellepace ,

Check the illustration below:

Select a value or axis label in a visual to highlight the other visuals on the page. To remove the highlighting, select the value again, or select any empty space in the same visual. Highlighting is a fun way to quickly explore data impacts. To fine-tune how this type of cross-highlighting works, see Visual interactions.

Here is the reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-reports-filters-and-highlighting#:...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft , thank you for your reply. I have already read what you have posted in the documentation. What I need is to reset all highlighting by means of a button click.

Is it possible to do this?

Hi  @michellepace ,

If you do need a button click to realize it,then bookmark is the best choice: set the orginial visuals which you wanna filter by as bookmarks, when you click the button,"the filtered by "visuals will return to default,then it will trigger the highlightings to be removed.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@michellepace 

there is no such option. you can use bookmarks technique instead

LinkedIn

Hi @az38 ,

> there is no such option. you can use bookmarks technique instead

That is exactly my problem - the bookmark technique does not reset the highlighting. Is there something that I am doing wrong that the highlighting is not cleared?

@michellepace 

it should work. check my simple pbix and this gif (thx @edhans for this pretty useful tool)

bookmarks.gif

LinkedIn
DanS446
Frequent Visitor

Bookmark works to deselect highlights, if you make the bookmark only interact with the visual you want. Sadly it doesnt keep your hierarchy navigation, it resets it to the top. Thats the only part im missing so users have a way to deselect highlights by clicking a warning message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.