Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kolturra
Helper IV
Helper IV

".PBIT" File Informaiton

Hi,

When i save the file in ".pbit" and again open the ".pbit" file in Power BI desktop version, will this file get refreshed with data when I click on refresh button from ribbon and filters will also work?

Actually, I don't want to share the original file with my team, I just want them to see the work what i did and also once they select filters then from respective page data should presentation accordingly, is it possible in ".pbit" file.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

5 REPLIES 5
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Only if the all have permissions and access to the same data sources. So it cannot reference any local files your PC or access any data sources they don’t have access to. They will need to know any passwords.

The PBIT only contains the model design, data connections without any data. It does include all visuals, Dax slicers etc.

Your probably better off sharing the PBIX file. This anyone can access but they probably would not be able to refresh the data - assuming you don’t have any direct queries or live data connections.

@Seward12533

So which means when i share ".PBIT" file to my team, they can do the refresh if my data is at server folder. Infact i have stored my database in MS access. and my Power Bi file load the data from access file.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Should work. But may require a few manual steps. They may need to specify the location of the access dB and specicify credentials even if it’s anonymous. Have not tried it so not sure. If they all have access to the server why not put a copy there and send them a link? Will be easier for them to consume.

Almost every person I have sent a PBIT file who was not familiar with PBI (and many that were) had some sort of issue or question.

Hi,

Can you please specify those issue in this page, so that I can look into them before I do this activity.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Just have big to enter credentials for the data sets even if anonymous etc. you can test it as you will have to do everything they will.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.