Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Oracle: ORA-00904: "$Table"."xxx": invalid identifier

I have deleted a column in an Oracle table that I'm importing in Power BI (I'm not using power query). Even though I don't use this particular column in Power BI, Power BI is still throwing an error saying "Oracle: ORA-00904: "$Table"."xxx": invalid identifier" where xxx is the name of the deleted column.

How can I get Power BI to ignore this column?

I have got to say that one of the most frustrating aspects of Power BI is it's rigidness around data sources. I'm surprised that changing a data source causes the upload to fail, I would only expect the graphs to fail that use the deleted column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This problem seems to have resolved itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

This problem seems to have resolved itself.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi simek,

Did you mean when you are importing data in PowerBI,  you delete one column from Oracle database, right? AsI know, after you change datasource, you might need to modify the steps in PowerQuery or refresh the datasource to make sure the mapping  is correct.

So you could try to re-import the data in PowerBI,  or you could refresh the Oracle database and check whether your steps in PowerQuery refer to that deleted column, or your measures whether refer to that column, try to modify this to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe,

As mentioned above, I am importing the data directly into Power BI and am not using Power Query (I want to retain the date hierachies which I found Power Query did not). I have ended up deleting the original importation and reimporting it. However, this is an absolute nuisance because  I had to update all of the variables on all of my 20 odd graphs and filters manually. I'm looking for a solution which avoids this and so saves me time.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.