Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"LOAD CREATING CONNECTION IN MODEL" when apply changes

Hi Community,

i am struggling with a dashboard i try to apply changes.

the path is from my own computer, the size of the excell is 2 mb and it takes ages to apply the changes.#

i have a duplicate PBi similar linked to a different Excell file and it works perfectly.

DO you knwo how to solve this Loading problem??

PedroYondr_0-1630585788676.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

We suggest that you check this Excel file that needs to be loaded into Power BI and if it contains columns with [null] values, remove them and make sure that only the required columns are loaded.

If it still does not work, you can turn off the following options in Options and setting in Power BI Desktop.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1630912854156.png

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShellBell
Regular Visitor

This seemed to work for me. Stay on the relationship view then go to edit/transform data the usual way. After editing, select "close & apply". This will then take you back where you left off, which was the "relationship view". Once there, it only updates the tables that were recently transformed. It doesn't reload the whole universe of connection and data. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

We suggest that you check this Excel file that needs to be loaded into Power BI and if it contains columns with [null] values, remove them and make sure that only the required columns are loaded.

If it still does not work, you can turn off the following options in Options and setting in Power BI Desktop.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1630912854156.png

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I do not know the reason. But I seeing that quite a few times. I close power bi, Open clear cache(options and setting), and load data 1 by 1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the huge problem was that the excell contained 1000 raws with out date but included in the table that PowerBI read.

the solution was to delete all those empy rows and it worked

Anonymous
Not applicable

that process is quite impossible for me.

i have created a PBI template for the same excell filel provided by different parties.

so it should be auto.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors