Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteveD2
Resolver I
Resolver I

"Issues" with ArcGIS for Power BI and ArcGIS Online... is it just me

Hi,

I use ArcGIS for Power BI for its ability to mix point data with custom boundaries. I find the process of creating a custom boundary relatively painless, in that you upload a shapefile to ArcGIS Online (AGOL) and publish it as a reference layer it shows up in Power BI... all good.

However, I'm now evolving my reference layers to include labels and colour coding for the boundaries, which is all possible in AGOL. However, when the published reference layer appears in the ArcGIS for Power BI visual, boundary colours and point labels are not there.

Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong? Or, does anyone else have this experience? Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @SteveD2 

Could you share some screenshots for us, and it's better you could share your sample pbix file.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-lili6-msft ,

Screenshots below. AGOL screenshots are on the left and Power BI are to the right.
Point labels in AGOLPoint labels in AGOLFeature layer in ArcGis for Power BIFeature layer in ArcGis for Power BI

AGOL with boundary fillAGOL with boundary fillReference layer in Power BIReference layer in Power BI

Note in the AGOL boundary screenshot that an empty (no fill) boundary transfers correctly to Power BI. My expectations with AGOL was "what you see is what you get" in Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.