Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodneyrick

"Filled Map" - problem with a Legend and Location

Hello,

I'm trying to create a visualization using the "Filled Map" view by filling in the location information with Country, State and City, and the Legend field with the information I would like to color each of the regions of interest.

However, when representing such information, some locations remain empty or are being represented elsewhere on the map, maintaining their proper color but being represented within a different region. And even using Latitude and Longitude information, the problem remains.

I have already reviewed the information of municipalities names, checking that the names are spelled correctly, and everything is ok.

Has anyone had this?

rodneyrick_0-1595866791974.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rodneyrick ,

Map data can be ambiguous. For example, there's a Paris, France, but there's also a Paris, Texas. Your geographic data is probably stored in separate columns – a column for city names, a column for state or province names, etc. – so Bing may not be able to tell which Paris is which. If your dataset already contains latitude and longitude data, Power BI has special fields to help make the map data unambiguous. Just drag the field that contains your latitude data into the Visualizations > Latitude area. And do the same for your longitude data.

For reference:

Create and use filled maps (choropleth maps) in Power BI

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried to use the choropleth maps but did not work. It is need to use a JSON to identify the polygon or need the entire map of Brazil, which is also not an option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.